the wondrous journey - jack & jill
Daisypath Ticker

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hit By Adulthood

I woke up today and realized that i'm a day past 21!

Yesterday's birthday bash, presumely the last on such a scale, was an extremely poignant episode and one that I would hold close to my heart for eternity.

I'm touched not by the presents or the scale of the affair, but by human hearts that touched mine sincerely and deep in.

Thank you to all my wonderful family members, the blood and my friends for make this occassion possible and worthy to be remembered for life.

While making my impromptu speech coerced by Clem, I nearly teared. I fought back those teardrops while witnessing the many people around me. Each, I know, was present to grace the occasion with sincerity and love.

I returned home, opened the presents and was simply touched by the gifts of love. Some were elaborate, some were exquisite, and none was duplicated. Yet, one thing, they had in common - each gift carried a thought of love and friendship. It made me feel really blessed.

As I typed out each SMS individually to one and all, I did it from the bottom of my heart. As I received each reply, the tears dropped uncontrollably. Tears of pure joy and appreciation.

It may be over in a night, but their love has touched me for a lifetime. My dear family, blood and friends, I love you!

It suddenly dawned on me that I was so foolish during the times when I felt unloved, down and out. I simply did not realize I was being loved. But from now on, I will not entertain such thoughts, because I know I am truly blessed and loved.

































No comments: