the wondrous journey - jack & jill
Daisypath Ticker

Friday, February 03, 2006

Gong Xi Gong Xi

The lunar new year was kickstarted in a pretty unconventional way.

The day before reunion, the family went nite marketing together. Dad, mom, bro, sis, joe, norman and me.... i love this combi! hehz.

Reunion dinner was steamboat, prepared by me & my sis in the comfort of our own home and the company of just the immediate family. As we skipped lunch, we had our "dinner" at around 4 plus, near 5. Nearing dusk, mom suggested that since it has been ages since we've last basked in the crowd in Chinatown, we shall indulge in it once again in 2006! To my astonishment, my claustrophobic (did i mention i inherited this genetic trait?) dad agreed! We went and brought my maid along too... rare occassion huh! It was tough luck, ranging from the crowd in the train to the humongous throngs of people in the station to the human standstill jam along the streets. We made in through in a couple of hours. Countdown was simple as we were all glued to the Korean drama series.

I ushered in the first day of Lunar New Year in church as I was on duty. Thinking back, I was so dreadful of having to do duty on the 1st day of new year, but it was a pleasant experience. Who say Catholics do not celebrate the new year jus like any other person of Chinese descendence? It was great with the non-stop "carolling" of cny songs... And for the first time in my life, I received blessed oranges... Hee.

In accordance to usual practice, we gathered at my granny's place with everyone else. Everything was good till I received a sms from da saying that he had to work on Chu Er too... I was really upset with the last minute changes and we couldn't help, but have a row. I tried hard to fight back those tears as it is definitely inauspicious to shed tears on cny! Carried on having fun with my cousins despite having it at the back of my mind. Played with the young ones and gossipped with the G3! I played mahjong for my mom and only reached home at 4+ in the morning. Goodness gracious! Cabbie surpassed her bedtime! It wasn't till then that norman and i made up...

Day 2 saw the pigs waking up only at 1, which was way behind scheduled. Rushed to bathe and prepare and went to da's side for a couple of hours or so and headed to Val's house. It was a damn memorable dae.... Bridging has never been so fun & challenging. Well... wherever's the blood, wherever's the fun! Played mahjong for mommy again and headed home at 5!

Day 3 was pretty much burned. cuz i slept till late and had a quiz the following dae. Yes, a freakin wet blanket indeed. Needless to sae, I'd flunk it cuz there jus wasn't the mood to study. Muahaha. At least, i forgive myself! who the heck studies on Chu San?!

In retrospect... CNY was great this year. Not cuz of the angbao collection (tt's a bonus!), the goodies or whatsoever. Rather, it was the love, the bonding, the great company admist the new year atmosphere. I guess these are more important than whatever occassion there may be.

As CNY has not come to an end, here's wishing all of you...
xin nian kuai le
wan shi ru yi
chu ru ping an
gong xi fa cai!

No comments: