the wondrous journey - jack & jill
Daisypath Ticker

Sunday, May 09, 2004

A Piece of My Life

The morning started out with me & mei bringing didi out to McDonald's for brunch. We used to do it quite often, trudging him along to town, shopping sprees, swimming sessions, dining and basically everything. Has been quite some time back since. In fact, the beginning of this year till now has been very hectic, to the extent that I have been neglecting nitty-gritty stuff that can actually bring me long-lasting happiness. Nostalgia seems to set in. I miss those days where he clings on to me, miss those days where I meet my friends in school almost every other day, miss those days where I can arrange programmes at my whimps & fancies without having to bother if my boss needs me. Haha.

Met a long-lost friend in the noon. Spurred me on to think how sometimes we simply just let a few people slip out of our lives either unknowingly or not doing anything to make it right. Late last year till the beginning of this year, I felt that probably dawnie & audrey are just another chapter of my life that's going to be closed. Every one of us were just so busy in leading our own lives that even though we know we care for each other, we just did not make the time to show that we do care about each other, about this friendship. However, in recent times, we've learnt to make the effort to set aside time for each other, to not just let fate go to waste. I enjoy their company, I appreciate them & I want them to know I LOVE YA gals. Above all, we've been friends for 4 yrs or so and it's been great. The laughter, the tear, the memories. And it really seems as if there's no stop. We're getting much more open with each other and together as a clique, we've grown.

I recall how there was a period of time dawnie and I were extremely close. Probably back in sec 3 - CJC. She was going through a phrase of post break-up, and at the same time, I had certain issues too. But somehow, in our adversities, we grew closer and stronger, giving each other company, support and encouragement. I'm so glad she is now where she is, a successful gal in studies, a woman blessed in love. U go gal.

I miss the gals in TP. It's so much fun working together despite the rush for deadlines, stress, animosity when work comes into the picture, but our friendship rises above all. Now that all of us are going for internships, will we drift apart? will we be so preoccupied with our individual lives that we fail to remember one another? when we go back to school in dec will we still be who we were? It's an ambigious picture.

Work has been tough. Literally being thrown into deep sea and made to learn to swim even without being equipped with the necessary know-hows... There are so many big meetings with professors and govt bodies to attend, it's freakin me out. Hahz. I shall endure, there's no turning back. Like wad pa said... "You've got nothing to lose but everything to gain. Don be afraid to make mistakes."

No comments: