the wondrous journey - jack & jill
Daisypath Ticker

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Worthless Sacrifices

I'm starting to doubt... if sacrifices are ever worthwhile...

More often than so, people forget the things that you do and constantly keep in mind the things that you do not do. Somehow, they just do not know how to appreciate the effort made. Instead, when you make a mistake, they chide and reprimand you... and often say many hurtful words. It is during these moments that their real opinions of you surface, and those blunt words are etched deep in your heart.

Is it human nature to neglect what they have had or what they have got, and rather calculate what they do not have and what they are not going to get?

I seldom say out what I think deep into me or what I have contributed, rather I choose to be silent. I would rather keep mum and allow sacrifices to go unnoticed... not highlight contributions. For highlighted contributions are no longer sacrifices but a medium to boast.

And when people constantly throw accusations at you, even those who are close and dear to your heart, life becomes painful.

And as every tear drop for that pain, life seemingly becomes more and more unworthy to live for.

No comments: