the wondrous journey - jack & jill
Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Drift Away

Human relationships are so difficult to comprehend, yet simple on the other hand. It does not need an arguement, quarrel nor misunderstanding to drive people apart. Over these years, many people have entered and exited my life... and today, when I look back, I realized that many of those who have lost contact or just suddenly went separate ways, are unaccounted for.

It seems to be happening once again... but the difference this time around is I think I severely lack the energy to revive the relationship/friendship. It is just so tiring. To pursue matters when there is no end to it. I guess I should learn to accept that people walking in and out of my life is just part and parcel of reality.

The only difference is some people leave impressions, some leave wounds and others leave sweet memories.

This poem has inspired me many a times, and I have shared this among many broken-hearted. Here it goes...

To let go is not to forget, not to think about or ignore.
It does not leave feelings of anger, jealousy or regret.
Letting go is not winning and it is not losing.
It is not about pride and it is not about how you appear.
And it is not obsessing or dwelling on the past.
Letting go is not blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts.
And does not leave emptiness, hurt or sadness.
It is not giving up.
Letting go is not about loss and it is not defeat.

To let go is to cherish memories, but to overcome and move on.
It is having an open mind and confidence in the future.
Letting go is accepting.
It is learning and experiencing and growing.
To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, made you grow.
It is all about all that you have, all that you had and all that you will soon gain.
Letting go is having the courage to accept change and the strength to keep moving.
Letting go is growing up.
It is realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy.
To let go is to open a door, to clear a path and to set yourself free.

No comments: